[python-win32] installation problem on win xp

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 08:52:30 CEST 2011

Lynn:
  First, you were working too hard. You did not need to remove 2.7.n to
install 2.6.n -- they install side-by-side in C:\python27 and C:\python26.
Here on my laptop, at the present moment, I have 2.3.5, 2.7.1, and 3.2 all
installed. [also two versions of IronPython, one of Jython, and two others
on the Linux partition.]
  In order to run the one I want, I have a group of batch files on my search
path.  For example, py32.bat contains:...
c:\python32\python.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

Second, You did not say what installation method you were using to install
pywin32.  The recommended way is to download the latest installer from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32.
For 32 bit Python 2.6, it should be
Build216/pywin32-216.win32-py2.6.exe<http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/Build216/pywin32-216.win32-py2.6.exe/download>
  Each installer should automatically find its own correct version of
python. Is that what you tried?
--
Vernon Cole