[python-win32] Fonts behaving differently with Py3/216

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 09:50:29 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Mark Hammond <skippy.hammond at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> the 32 bit version of pywin32 appears to have 2.x syntax .py files).
[...]

No, not completely 2.x syntax, only "except SomeError, e" so if you
get lucky, some modules might import okay.

  The version of setup.py that I use in the stand-alone version of
adodbapi runs pretty much the standard fixer set. (I provided a
version of it to Greg for PyGUI, too.) But the pywin32 version of
setup.py uses a smaller, hard coded list of fixers. We had to add the
"raise" fixer for adodbapi. I suspect that we need to add the "except"
fixer as well.
v v v v
except
Converts except X, T to except X as T.
^ ^ ^ ^
--
Vernon
P.S.  I actually _did_ work on a 24 bit computer once (the Harris