[python-win32] Conversion to Mercurial is done

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 08:49:47 CET 2011

Working fine here.  Here's a sample for anyone who has not tried sourceforge
hg before.
I have PuTTY loaded on this machine, and already have my ssh keys set up on
sourceforge -- just like with CVS.
Mercurial is loaded using the binary installer.
And, I actually remembered to load my sourceforge keys into Pagent before I
started. ;-)

In order to get read/write access, I used the ssh:// url as documented on
the page Mark referenced.
https://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=hg&group_id=78018

If your are reading a rich text (html) version of this, my input below
is highlighted
in yellow.
Don't copy this exactly, you will need to use your own username where I have
"kf7xm".
I keep my mercurial trees in a C:\hg folder. YMMV

I had the usual "The server's host key is not cached in the registry"
problem.
Solved by running a quick plink command to the server in question:

<screen dump>
C:\hg>plink kf7xm at pywin32.hg.sourceforge.net ls
The server's host key is not cached in the registry. You
have no guarantee that the server is the computer you
think it is.
The server's rsa2 key fingerprint is:
ssh-rsa 2048 86:7b:1b:12:85:35:8a:b7:98:b6:d2:97:5e:96:58:1d
If you trust this host, enter "y" to add the key to
PuTTY's cache and carry on connecting.
If you want to carry on connecting just once, without
adding the key to the cache, enter "n".
If you do not trust this host, press Return to abandon the
connection.
Store key in cache? (y/n) y

Welcome to *.hg.sourceforge.net
<snip>
C:\hg>hg clone ssh://kf7xm@pywin32.hg.sourceforge.net/hgroot/pywin32/pywin32
destination directory: pywin32
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 4100 changesets with 9863 changes to 1831 files (+1 heads)
updating to branch default
1545 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
<snip>
C:\hg>cd pywin32
C:\hg>dir
</screen dump>
--
Vernon

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au>
wrote:
> I've converted the CVS repository to a Mercurial (hg) and after a few
tweaks [...]