[python-win32] Repost: Classic ASP in IIS with Python - 500 ServerError

jdmain at comcast.net jdmain at comcast.net
Mon Mar 7 19:29:50 CET 2011

Thanks for the tip Roger.

I did try the Respone.Write (capital R and W) - no difference)

I did this:

pyscript.py --debug

It said registered in debug mode.

Now what?  Is there a log or something that would get created if python were ever invoked by ASP?

It seem like Python is just not getting called at all.  The strange thing is this used to work on my PC.  Now that I

actually have a project that could use classic ASP and Python, I can't make it work.  Bummer.

I do have other alternatives but I wanted to use ASP specifically for the session variable support.  These behave just like

globals and can be pass around from ASP script to ASP script.  Very handy...

Best Regards,

J.D.

Try registering it in debug mode, by passing --debug to pyscript.py.
The trace collector in Pythonwin should show any error msgs
generated by Python (assuming it gets as far as loading Python).

           Roger