[python-win32] Catching Send To in Office

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Mar 22 17:44:54 CET 2011

Mike Driscoll wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to catch the "Send To Mail Recipient" in
> Microsoft Word or Excel? I want to redirect that to our web mail
> somehow.

Well, let's brainstorm for a moment.  That link fires up the "default
mail provider" for your computer, which in found in the registry.
Theoretically, you ought to be able to rewrite that key to a browser
command that brings up your webmail page, or to an application that does
the same thing.  Check HKCU\Software\Clients\Mail or
HKLM\Software\Clients\Mail.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com