[python-win32] IActiveScript::AddNamedItem fails with exception

David Manns davidm at pulsonix.com
Mon Apr 2 17:09:28 CEST 2012

We have a scripting engine interface in our application. This works fine for
fails. Specifically, it fails at :

    m_pAxsScript->AddNamedItem("application", SCRIPTITEM_NAMEDITEM)

where m_pAxsScript is the IActiveScript interface acquired through
CoCreateInstance. The hresult returned is:

    80004005

which to my mind implies some kind of 'access denied' error. We are using
Python 2.7.2 and Pywin32 2.7 on a Windows 7 32-bit system. We have this
problem here on a test machine that was set up to match that in use at one
of our customers who is now stuck being unable to run any of his Python
scripts.

Any clues or suggestions would be gratefully received.

David