[python-win32] Need advice on iterator implementation in scripting host

Pulsonix Tech Support support at pulsonix.com
Fri Apr 13 13:14:47 CEST 2012

We have an ActiveX scripting host implementation in our application (written
in C++), so that users can run scripts to access our data from inside the
application.

Current problem is that iterating from Python script doesn't work right. You
can iterate through a collection, but attempts to do this a second time
cause application crashes or unexpected behaviour. Seems to work okay from
VBscript though.

This may be because we are not raising StopIteration exception when
iterator.Next() has no items left. But I can't find any information about
how to do this from a C++ scripting host implementation.

Best regards,

David