[python-win32] Win32api install problem

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 09:41:42 CEST 2012

On 30/04/2012 08:03, Aravind Kamble wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to install pywin32-217 for the first time on my Windows 7 64
> bit machine. I have following installed on my machine,
>
> Python 2.7.3

> MS Windows SDK for Windows 7 (7.1)

The SDK isn't usually needed.

> Downloaded pywin32-217 from sourceforge

Hopefully in this case either pywin32-217.win-amd64-py2.7.exe or
pywin32-217.win32-py2.7.exe as appropriate :)  See below.

> When I run the setup.py as below
> c:\pywin32-217\python setup.py install

I've never needed to do this.  Usually you would download the
appropriate version of pywin32 as given above and It Just Works when you
install, automatically finding your version of Python from the registry.

> I am getting following error
>
> Building pywin32 2.7.217.0
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "setup.py", line 2428, in<module>
>      ] +
>    File "setup.py", line 2224, in convert_data_files
>      raise RuntimeError("No files match '%s'" % file)
> RuntimeError: No files match 'pythonwin\pywin\*.cfg'
>
> There are two .cfg files (default.cfg and IDLE.cfg) under pythonwin\pywin\.
>
> Please help how to get rid of this error and continue with installation.

If my comments above don't help sorry, you'll have to wait until the
smarter Windows guys pick this one up, doesn't normally take too long :)

> Regards
> Aravind

Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.