[python-win32] windows firewall woes?

Bill Tutt bill at tutts.org
Tue Mar 6 17:05:14 CET 2012

This sounds more like a problem with your approach to servicing your
product, and not necessarily a python windows specific problem.

I can point you in the direction to create the firewall exception, but you
would still need to figure out how to arrange to have the code actually
execute.

Windows Firewall rule exceptions don't appear that hard to define.

Windows Firewall COM interfaces docs:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366449(v=vs.85).aspx

Some simplistic VBScript examples of using those interfaces:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366421(v=vs.85).aspx

I'd use the VBScript examples as a base and determine what kind of
exception is best for your needs. (i.e. as little of an exception as
possible)

Bill