[python-win32] Py COM module consumes a thrid part C-base python library, can not run in C# under x86 build mode

lizy10b lizy10b at 126.com
Wed Apr 3 02:41:43 CEST 2013

Hi there,
I am new to Python win32.
The problem I am facing is my environment is Win7-x64 ,VS2008 SP1, Pywin32-218.win32-py2.6, I worte a python module (py file) which consumes a third part C-based python library (dll wrapped by ctypes), and modify it using Python Win32 to make it COM visiable. After registering the COM,  I try to consume it in C#.Net.  In x86 mode an exception occured saying can not find the C-based python library's dll file, but when I changed the build mode to x64, it runs smoothly.....

The dll locates inside third part C-based python library's folder, so I copied it and place it in the root of the python installation path (C:\Python26\) , the C:\Windows\System32 ,and C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and the C# project's folder. But it still does not work in x86 mode.

The Python, the third part C-based python librarya and  the Python-Win32 are all x86 edition, I don't konw why it happen.

Thanks
Zhiyu LI
Student
China