[python-win32] How to get access to SetupCopyOEMInf() through python-win32, or maybe use PnPUtil?

Ron Jackson Ron at FascinatingElectronics.com
Wed Apr 9 00:13:01 CEST 2014

I would like to write a python program to install a driver inf file in
Windows. The information I have seen suggests that this would best be done
using SetupCopyOEMInf().
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa376990%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

Is SetupCopyOEMInf() accessible through python-win32?

It looks like the PnPUtil command might provide an alternative way to
install the inf file.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff550423%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

The inf file I want to install is for a USB Communications Device Class
gadget, and with the inf file installed it properly enumerates as a
communications port.

Has anyone installed an inf file in Windows through a python program?

  --Ron