[python-win32] Global ActiveScripting object not visible

Vernon D. Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 22:16:43 CEST 2014

The message means that no one has defined a meaning for the name "DOpus" to
Python.

You, as a programmer, must define that name.  If you say:
>>>DOpus = "Spam and Eggs"
then you have defined it as a character string which contains three English
words.

If you say:
>>>from win32com.client import Dispatch
>>>DOpus = Dispatch("Wscript.Network")
then you will have defined it as a Windows COM dispatch object which will
do things (but not the things _you_ are interested in).  You must discover
which tool and what name to use to get Directory Opus 11.

After you have defined it correctly, then you can use it.

You might find the information in chapter
21<http://www.icodeguru.com/WebServer/Python-Programming-on-Win32/ch21.htm>
 helpful.