[python-win32] Alternatives for 'compiling' python code into .exe

Jacob Kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Fri Jan 10 08:49:24 CET 2014

Working with python 2.7, and along with trying to implement a larger, scrolling panel, making use of wx.lib.scrolledpanel.ScrolledPanel, using wxPython 3.0, py2exe no longer seems able to 'compile' code into working .exe files for use on windows - the error message below is generated into the .log file when I try to execute the app thereafter:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sizerExperiment4.py", line 2, in <module>
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in <module>
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 125, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PROCESS_ENTER'

Is there an alternative to py2exe I can try making use of?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA