[python-win32] Event handling on COM object

Peter Balazovic balazovic.peter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 20:05:37 CEST 2014

Dears,

I have a problem with firing Events and event handling on COM object.

This code works on python console but there is no event fired.

>>> class fmstrEvents(object):
    ...     def OnRecorderDone(self):
    ...         print "Hello OnRecroderDone"

>>> import win32com.client
>>> fm = win32com.client.Dispatch("MCB.PCM")
>>> fm_events = win32com.client.WithEvents(fm,fmstrEvents)

The application fmstr with COM Object "MCB.PCM" is freezing by events
handling within python by pywin32.

Do I miss something in code or incorrectly handling the events or COM
Object?

Thank you very much.
Peter