[python-win32] My bzPersonalAssistant code/project

Jacob Kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Sat Mar 22 13:45:26 CET 2014

Ok, next question - partly since I have almost no experience with trying to create/redistribute windows executables, etc.

Built this app with both cx_Freeze, and now also a version using py2exe, and the cx_Freeze version doesn't want to run at all inside my one windows XP VMWare instance, which I tried to test it on, and did also try installing both 9.0 and 10.0 versions of VCRT, in case, but, still just immediately renders an error message, but, can't find any details under event viewer log, so not exactly sure what's causing this, but although can't read error dialogue much, it seems to be mentioning something about CX wrapper/packaging, or something, and if I then also build a version using py2exe, which was avoiding, since this seems to have issues with wxPython, or something since won't even do everything on my development machine - runs, but, some buttons just don't handle events, etc., with no information coming up, but, if copy that executable over to test machine, then it at least runs somewhat, but, still generates an error when I try to, for example, invoke audio recording, but, am not sure if the MS error report means much - see attachment.

Anyway, was wondering if there's a general/simple way to find/figure out what libraries/preinstallations you might need to notify an end user about, or provide copies of with something like this?

All my real development work in past has been related to web development, where you don't have to worry about end user environment as much...<smile>

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA