[python-win32] win32serviceutil: ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found

Nagy László Zsolt gandalf at shopzeus.com
Tue May 27 12:30:39 CEST 2014

> I see on python-list that this was solved by running the postInstall
> script manually.  However, I'm surprised that is necessary - build 219
> has a work-around for Python 3.4 not running the post-install script,
> so that should work.
Yes, this was solved by manually running the post install script.

> I'll try and look into how this might have happened, but if you would
> like to help in the meantime, could you please re-run the pywin32
> installer and (a) verify it prompted you to elevate, and (b) at the
> very end of the install process, verify that the installer shows you
> the output of the post-install script rather than an empty box?
I have downloaded the installer again, just to be sure. (
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#pywin32 )

The post install script seems to be empty see 04.png attached.

I have also tried to run the installer as administrator => the post
install script box is empty