[python-win32] Issue with WMI connection timeout

Dhiraj Subramanian dhiraj.subramanian at techalien.in
Tue Jun 21 08:44:35 EDT 2016

Hi all,
    I have been using Python WMI module for a while now, I am facing a
problem with the remote connection. The script forever tries to acquire a
connection with the remote machine without timing out.
    I did find a solution from preventing the connection to wait forever by
introducing a timeout (passing "*security_flags=0x80*" as an argument), but
this is not working for me. The link is specified below for the solution
that I found.
    Is there anyway to timeout the connection to the remote machine from
freezing the script.

Link : http://timgolden.me.uk/python/wmi/wmi.html

Regards,
Dhiraj