[python-win32] Bug reporting

Bob Kline bkline at rksystems.com
Sun Feb 25 16:17:35 EST 2018

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 12:04 PM, Preston Landers <planders at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there [any] reason you can't use PyODBC? ....

A reasonable question. This is not for a new project. When it was
first started the analysis of the available options for database
connection libraries came to the conclusion that the PyODBC wasn't
ready for prime time. At this point, while it might be possible to do
the archaeological work needed to track down the specifics behind that
decision, it would almost certainly be more profitable to do a fresh
assessment at some point based on where the package is now. I can
imagine that after all this time it's likely that many of the flaws
have been addressed. Not a trivial exercise, you understand, to do all
the testing of a large application needed to make sure nothing gets
broken with a new database layer, so not something we'd undertake
lightly. Assuming the effort to clean up the rough edges of the
ADODB-base package goes smoothly we'll probably stick with what we're
using, at least for the immediate future.

But thanks for the suggestion. You never know. :-)

--
Bob Kline
http://www.rksystems.com
mailto:bkline at rksystems.com