[python3-ldap] Library name change?

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat Aug 16 22:51:31 CEST 2014

> Hello everybody,
> I've been asked to change the name of the library from python3-ldap to python-ldap3.
> This makes sense because the library is still agnostic about the Python interpreter and
> is strictly following version 3 of the LDAP protocol.
>
> What do you think about this?

Hi Giovanni,
I have this library littered all over the place in work I have done. I can test my style
of invocation and usage and assert with a high degree of confidence what impact that
an upgrade may have. A name change will be a serious thorn causing individual testing
across a potentially large set of code.

I question just how necessary a change like this and what genuine result will be achieved
by it.

jlc