[python3-ldap] A faster decoder for ldap3 1.0

Giovanni Cannata cannatag at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 21:11:45 CEST 2015

Hello everybody,
I'm about to release version 1,0 of ldap3. I've written a BER decoder
(BER is the undrlying network protocol of LDAP) to substitute pyasn1.
Obviously the network and ldap server have a major role in the overall
spped of the library, but in my test I get . In my tests decoding is
more than 10x faster then pyasn1. Is anybody interested in testing it?
You can get the source in dev at
https://github.com/cannatag/ldap3.git. There is a new boolean argume
nt "fast_decoder" in the connection object that is True by default. If
you set it to False you get the older pyasn1 decoder.  By the way
encoding is still done via pyasn1.

Let me know if you have problems and if it seem faster for you.

Thanks,
Giovanni