[PythonCAD] No testers for R15 reader yet

Guy Edwards guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com
Sat Sep 6 15:10:32 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 14:57, Art Haas wrote:
> I'm a bit surprised no one has mailed me for the R15 reader code yet.

Sorry, had other things to do.........

Send it to me and I'll test it.

> this version of the file format considered uncommon? I thought it was
> the version for Autocad 2000 and Autocad 2002, and those version have
> been available for quite some time. Are these versions less popular than
> the previous releases using the R13/R14 format?

No, they should be quite common. The CAD places I was at kept pretty up
to date.

Autodesk used a discounted upgrade type approach. At my old company we
would get sent letters saying when the deadline for upgrading to the new
version was, otherwise we'd have to pay full price.

You could save money if you were happy to drag your heals for a few
versions but if you did that there was the risk that clients would send
/ ask for drawings in the newer format or maybe use a feature not
present in older versions (e.g. redline markup on drawings).

Guy

--
Guy Edwards <guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com>