[PythonCAD] DWG reader update

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Fri Sep 19 16:00:03 EDT 2003

Hi.

Last week I wrote that I hoped to have a first take of a real DWG reader
available. Sadly that will not be the case as I wasn't as productive as
hoped. Next week I'll be out for a day or two again, but maybe something
will appear at the end of the week.

I've had some feedback testing results with the R15 reader and have
corrected various errors that were present in the code. There is still
at least one problem reading the second header section of the file -
some of the R15 files I have are read without difficulty, but others
fail. Unforunately the OpenDWG spec is not helpful here as the files
don't match the layout given in the spec - this was true for the R13/R14
reader as well.

I've also added in a copyright notice with a GPL line indicating that
these files are covered under the GPL.

Art