[PythonCAD] Looking for DXF help

Vic Kelson vic at wittmanhydro.com
Tue Feb 10 12:01:27 EST 2004

Hi All,

I am in need of code for writing DXF or DWG files from Python. My
application is pretty simple, only 2-D, but I need to write in
world-coordinates. The application is drawing geological cross-sections
from spatial data and lithological data. I have done this in 1998 using
VB (ugh!), but my new data management framework is all Python (yeah!). I
can of course write DXF files "by hand", but I'd really rather use a
library if one exists.

Incidentally, is the OpenDWG library python-able? SWIG-able? Not quite
"open", but it's pretty good...

Does PythonCAD plot to scale? Does it have hatching/fill patterns? Would
it be a capable cross-section drawing tool (in Win32 or Linux)?

THANKS,
Vic Kelson