[PythonCAD] Looking for DXF help

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 10 22:04:48 EST 2004

> The following was supposedly scribed by
> Steve Hall
> on Tuesday 10 February 2004 05:44 pm:

> I have a GPL [expensive, proprietary]CAD script
>project that is getting ready to release, and it will maintain links
>to the tons of helpful GPL projects I continue to find. (Like
>PythonCAD.)
>
>The OpenDWG project is as closed source as it can be, and I don't know
>if I've ever found a single clearinghouse for reverse engineering the
>.DWG or .DXF doc formats. If Free CAD software is ever going to make a
>dent in the market, we need to organize a bit better, and collect
>information a bit more centrally.

I'd love to see this central information collection.

If you aren't on the cad-linux mailing list, you might want to go through the
archives, and phrostie's page
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux-dev

--Eric
--
The opinions expressed in this e-mail were randomly generated by
the computer and do not necessarily reflect the views of its owner.