[PythonCAD] distutils.core issue on installation

Sergio Hernandez jaqueca at terra.cl
Mon May 17 09:35:22 EDT 2004

Hi!

I have some free time now, to test some cad programs under Linux, so I'm
trying to install the last release of PythonCAD. I've yet installed the
python2.2, gtk2.0 and it's dependencies, and the pygtk packages on my
Debian Woody. But when I try to run ~# python setup.py install, as is
indicated in the INSTALL intructions, I get the following message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 10, in ?
    from distutils.core import setup
ImportError: No module named distutils.core

I'm not a programmer, just a cad user, interested in linux developes, so
I don't kow how to solve this issue.

Can you help me please?

Thanks a lot.

--