[PythonCAD] R25 bug

Michele Petrazzo michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Fri Jun 3 10:09:13 CEST 2005

Art Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 08:30:15AM -0500, Art Haas wrote:
>
>>> - I draw an object (line, circle, etc..), I select move (one of
>>> the three), I select the first point to move, the second and
>>> after I select no objects then the program ask me for select an
>>> object (I click two times into the canvas). After I re-click for
>>> the distance (first and second point), but now I click over the
>>> object, and I receive this error: [ ... snip ... ]
>>
>> I'll try and track this down today.
>>
>> After making the release last week I went out of town and was away
>> from my computer.
>

> I just looked at this and things work here. I drew a segment, then
> went to 'Modify' -> 'Move' -> 'Horizontal' (my arbitrary choice),
> clicked in the drawing area once to define the start point for
> defining the distance, then clicked again to define the second point
> and thus the distance, and then clicked on the segment and it moved
> correctly. I guess I'm not duplicating the steps exactly.

For reproduce the error, you don't have to select the object then you
want to move the object. Try to think that a user, for an error, don't
select an object (so it select no objects) when he want to move an object.
You have to do the move operation two times, so:
select move, select the first point to move, the second point (for
distance), select the start point for the rectangle (into a point where
are no objects), select the second point of the rect (where are no
objects), so you have create a rectangle where no objects are present
(so don't select any object!), after try to move the same object, but
now when the program ask you to select an object, you have to select the
object, but the program don't move it, and an error appear.

I hope you understand my explain. :)

Michele