[PythonCAD] Goals for next release

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Tue Aug 8 21:41:54 CEST 2006

Hi.

Time once again to describe what the next release will contain. There
will probably be some Cairo-related fixes and enhancements here and
there, plus any fixes needed for the GDK-based drawing routines. I'd
like to try and get some code utilizing GTK+ printing routines in the
next release if possible.

I've wanted to tackle user preferences for a while, as the current
implementation is cumbersome and requires too much user editing.
My plan is to modify the 'Preferences' dialog so that the information
in it gets saved off to a file in `~/.pythoncad/prefs.py', and add
a new dialog that allows the settings of an Image to be adjusted. Right
now the 'Preferences' dialog is really acting more like what I want
the Image settings dialog to do. I'm hopeful that the changes I plan
will not take long to do.

I've had some issues lately on my main machine regarding the video
card (S3 Virge/DX) and/or motherboard, so I've not done much on
PythonCAD since the release. Once I get things straightened out I'll
get back to coding. I'm aiming for early September for the next release
to appear.

Art