[PythonCAD] About the website and documentation

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Tue Dec 26 14:40:47 CET 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 09:17:07PM +0100, Jos? Antonio Mart?n Prieto wrote:
> Hi,
> making the new design for the pythoncad website was only a temporary
> measure to dress with some color the old site. I think that the next
> step should be giving the website more life and activity. Instead of
> editing the html files in the repo, I would use a CMS. Maybe we can
> use some simple blogging system like "Wordpress" (I think this is a
> good option) or something more powerful like "Joomla" or "Drupal".
>
> Moreover, I like the idea of Yagnesh about using a Wiki to provide the
> project a useful documentation. We could use something simple like
> "Docuwiki" or something more powerful like "Mediawiki".
>
> If you like these ideas, I will work on them. As I made with the
> website design, I can install some samples and proposals in my server
> so that we can talk about it.
>
> Also, I would like to know whether in the server where pythoncad.org
> is hosted we could install such systems. If not, maybe we could look
> for some free hosting for open source projects or look for donations.

I'm not sure if I can install Wiki software on the machine right now.
The company who had been hosting the site is going offline and the
site is being moved to another host, so once everything is on the
new hosting machine I can see about installing Wiki stuff.

> Regards,
> Jose Antonio
>
> P.S. I think that the last version of the logo (you can see it in
> http://lakamarilla.no-ip.com/~martinp/pythoncad/images/pythoncad_logo.png)
> is better than the current one. I changed it following the suggestions
> of somebody in this list. I don't know if you (Art) have used the
> first one because you prefer it or because you don't had the last one.

I used the logo that I had. Send me the 'pythoncad_logo.png' file and
I'll change things up.

Art Haas

-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822