[PythonCAD] Trouble after svn update

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Tue Dec 26 17:29:54 CET 2006

On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 09:35:47PM +1300, knol at niwa.co.nz wrote:
> I am having trouble running PythonCAD after today's SVN update:
>
> wk at asus:~/pythoncad$ gtkpycad.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/gtkpycad.py", line 31, in ?
>     pygtk.require('2.0')
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pygtk.py", line 65, in require
>     assert versions.has_key(version), \
> AssertionError: required version '2.0' not found on system
> wk at asus:~/pythoncad$
>
> It looks like PythonCAD wants version 2.0 of the gtk bindings for python.
> Installed are:
>
> wk at asus:~/pythoncad$ dpkg --list | grep gtk | grep python
> ii  python-gtk-1.2                       0.6.12-7                    GTK
> support module for Python
> ii  python2.3-gtk2                       2.8.2-3
> Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set
> wk at asus:~/pythoncad$

Hi.

There have not been any changes lately to the PyGTK/Gtk requirements
for PythonCAD. In fact, the "pygtk.require('2.0')" line has been in
the code for quite a long time. I'm guessing there is some issue
with the PyGTK installations on your machine.

I also run Debian and on my machine typing the command above I get
the following results:

$ dpkg --list | grep gtk | grep python
ii  python-gtk2                      2.8.6-8
Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set

I'm using Debian unstable.

Art Haas