[PythonCAD] First take of new entity transfer code now at repo

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Tue Feb 21 21:46:16 CET 2006

Hi.

The reworking of the code handling the transfer of entities between
layers has been moving along, and I've checked in the code to my repo.
While making these changes I found a number of other bugs, glitches, and
shortcomings elsewhere in the code, so I've been fixing those problems
as well. AngularDimension and RadialDimension entities have been making
things interesting, in particular, as those two classes had a latent bug
or two lurking that came out in the last couple of days.

In addition to the transfer work, the delete_objects() routine in
delete.py was rewritten to make it utilize routines like getParent(),
and while doing this I made the code a bit more robust as well as
flexible.

I'll send my transfer code changes to the repo, but if you wish to try
out the code by updating your repo with 'svn update' be aware that the
code is still somewhat in flux as I'm trying to track down a number of
issues that have arisen with undo/redo operations dealing with
transferring the entities between layers. I hope things will stablize in
a day or two. If you do an 'svn update' please test out the transfer
of entities and let me know how things work for you.

Thanks.

Art