[PythonCAD] rotating objects?

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Jun 5 18:52:55 CEST 2006

Art Haas writes:
 > On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 11:55:03AM -0400, Russ Nelson wrote:
 > > Is there a way to rotate objects?
 > > Is there a way to set the dimensions of objects?
 > >
 > > I need to draw a bunch of fixed-size holes for switches, but they need
 > > to be at varying rotations.
 >
 > You'll probably have to use construction lines to do what you want for
 > drawing rotated angles, and use construction circles to draw the holes.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself well.  The switches are rectangular,
and need holes which are 11mm x 13.55mm.  I need to be able to get
those dimensions correct.  Then I need to be able to place them at
different angles and positions.  How do I type in 11mm x 13.55mm?

 > You go to 'Draw' -> 'Con. Lines' -> 'Angled' to draw the angled
 > construction lines,

What problem do construction lines solve for me?

 > PythonCAD currently doesn't have a 'Rotate' function, but that sounds
 > like a feature that would be good to implement.

I'd just write a program which modifies the XML, but XML is a
four-letter word.  Have you considered using a file format with less
useless gunk?

Does PythonCAD have the concept of an object?  If I save a file with
objects selected, do they remain selectd when I reload the file?

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | When immigration is
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | outlawed, only criminals