[PythonCAD] newb - closed polyline

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Tue May 8 00:29:03 CEST 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 02:51:56PM -0700, Carl Trachte wrote:
> Art,
>
> Thanks.  One more newb question - how do you do point snap when doing this?
> In other words, how do you snap to the exact location of the first point in
> the polyline?

If you click near it, the program will automatically "snap" to the
point. There is an option in the Preferences dialog named 'Highlight
Points'. If it isn't already on, turn it on and you'll see little boxes
around each Point entity. If you click within the box then the "snap"
should occur. If it doesn't happen you've most likely found a bug.

> If this is in the FAQ or the doc, please point me in the right direction and
> I'll research it further.
>
> I haven't looked at the code yet either.  If there's a spot there that makes
> it clear, I'm more than willing to investigate.

You wrote earlier that you are using the R28 release. That release is
quite old and a number of bugs have been fixed, plus various
improvements to the program have been added. I'm not familiar
with the BSD ports system to know if a newer releases is available, but
if so I'd try to use it. If you don't mind pulling the code straight
from the public Subversion repo that would be an even better choice.

Art Haas

-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822