[PythonCAD] newb - closed polyline

Carl Trachte ctrachte at gmail.com
Thu May 10 18:09:25 CEST 2007

I've got the latest source from the subversion repository and I'm using it
with Python 2.4 in Cygwin.

What I can do is draw an open polyline, then draw a segment that snaps to
the two polyline endpoints (the snap works as you, Art, described, and
colors the snapped point location box a different color than the other
points - in my case it's default blue versus default yellow).

What I haven't yet figured out is how to make the segment part of the
polyline.

Thancad (a Tkinter based Python CAD app) was actually designed for this sort
of thing.  I corresponded with its author briefly.  It's not a bad tool for
what I'm doing, but development on it has, as far as I know, stopped back in
2004.

Is this the sort of thing worth trying to incorporate into PythonCAD, or is
PythonCAD's audience less of a GIS crowd, and more of a circuit board
drawing group?

Thanks for suffering more questions.

Carl T.