[PythonCAD] Call for test cases DWG files

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 7 16:58:58 CET 2010

Well, I am working on 2d maps.
We have recieved these three files, one has been translated so far/

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=libredwg

We have two files in format : AC1018 from Prishtina Kosovo.

The brasil file is in this format AC1021, it has been processed by
somone into dxf.
I have done a dxf2osm for converting to openstreetmap for the brasil file.
The only things I needed were : Layers, Points, LWPolyLines, MText points.

I would like to have files in increasing complexity for the test case.
The main thing for me is to know what the input is, and to have the
same input in many formats,
DXF, DWG with different versions, pdf etc. Right now it is just
shooting in the dark given one input file and no spec.

Of course I would put the work into making a general usable test cases.
take a look at the svg test suite :
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/20030813/htmlframe/full-index.html

Here are the blender test suites:
http://mirror.cs.umn.edu/blender.org/demo/test/test249-GE.zip  Game Engine
http://mirror.cs.umn.edu/blender.org/demo/test/test249.zip Models

Ideally these tests would be part of your python cad system and we
would build up a nice collection of them.