[PythonCAD] Call for test cases DWG files

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:16:13 CET 2010

> I will try to get some test files in the next few days.
> I will make the same files for R12, R16 (acad 2004-2006), R17 (acad
> 2007-2009) and R18 (acad 2010) dxf and dwg format and a export to a raster
> file.
That would be perfect.

> What do you think how important is the dxf import module?
> How important is a near 100% correct import of (2d) dxf files?

I have dxf2osm in dime working,
http://github.com/h4ck3rm1k3/TwoNickels

> Is there need for a export module?
Export is not my main interest right now, that would get into the
issues of trusted files and trademarks.
My personal goal is to build up a dwg2osm converter for openstreetmap.

but now I want to go for the dwg files. If you can get them into those
formats it would be great.

I have been looking for dwg files, here is what I found so far from the US gov.

http://www.lanl.gov/orgs/eng/engstandards/DM/charts/Appendix%20H1-r3.dwg
http://portlandoregon.gov/BES/index.cfm?c=34656&a=53891
http://www.blm.gov/nstc/eng/draw/dwg/02141-1.DWG
http://www.dot.pima.gov/gis/maps/maplib/plss/pimatr.dwg
ftp://b393e.static.pacific.net.au/Caroma/648200_DWG_Integra%20500_Wall%20Basin_front.dwg
http://s68.chomikuj.pl/File.aspx?id=13777773&vid=13777773&tk=1512376&t=633984894570576569&d=70&k=1334914&name=ocieplenie+poddasza+12.2.dwg

Not all are federal, so they might now be public domain....

And Austrailia :
ftp://b393e.static.pacific.net.au/Caroma/Aug-2008/Vanity%20Basins/894015_DWG_Cosmo_440_Inset_Vanity_Basin_plan.dwg
ftp://b393e.static.pacific.net.au/Caroma/Aug-2008/Toilet%20suites/912315_DWG_Profile%204%20cc_Toilet_Suite_front.dwg