[PythonCAD] Copy Move command development

matteo.boscolo at boscolini.eu matteo.boscolo at boscolini.eu
Wed Sep 8 09:10:12 CEST 2010

Hi all,
Actually we have one command for managing copy/move of an object.
during the command the application ask you if you wold like to perform a copy or a move operation.This seems to me, and from some feedback from users, to be very annoying because the user must  type C or M in the command line prompt  to perform copy or move.

We can manage this problem in two ways.
we can have two separated command one for copy and one for movewe can build a sort of smart pop up in the graphic area that let you chose one of the two optionsThe first solution it's the easier to implements but create a new toolbar button ..  and the user have to know that there is one command for copy one for move..
the second one takes long time to be implemented but once we have it we can extend it to the other command, and the user have just to click on the option near the mouse on the drawing areaso from my point of view I will prefer to implement  the second one.

Can you give me some feedback from your point of view/experience ?

I will appreciate a kindly replayRegards,Matteo