[PythonCE] Re: iPAQ Python

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 08:55:07 -0500

On 3 Apr 2002 at 10:56, ThomasDerflinger wrote:

> Thanks for the great idea of porting Python to PocketPC. But is there a =
possibility to actually install
> most of the python files on CF-card, since it=B4s 7 MB in size. I have o=
nly 32MB main memory iPAQ.

I'm CC:'ing the pythonce list in my response.

Yes, you should be able to put everything in /Storage/Python ..

Python CE still doesn't look at the registry (this has to be fixed), so it=
 has the following
built-in python path:

"\\Program Files\\Python;\\Program Files\\Python\\lib;\\Storage Card\\Pyth=
on;\\Storage
Card\\Python\\lib"

You should be able to put everything from Windows and \Windows\Start Menu =
and
\Program Files\Python into \Storage\Python

However I'm not sure how you'd launch it, you'll have to make your own sho=
rtcut.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements