[PythonCE] Usefulness of Python CE and GUI ideas

Aaron reic0024@d.umn.edu
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:01:01 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Brad Clements wrote:

> I'm still waiting for wxWindows for CE.
> Then I'll port pythoncard.

That would most definately be cool.  One of the things desktop computers
and PDAs should be able to do (IMHO) is have facilites for allowing the
user to whip together a quick database application without having to do
much coding.

One of the things I'm working on in Squeak Smalltalk for Dynapad is an
editor for something like HyperCard stacks.  Squeak already has support
for creating Stacks, and it dooes quite a bit more than PythonCard as it
is now. However, dragging around widgets into a Page in a Stack from a
palette isn't very practical for something with such a tiny screen as a
PocketPC.  I'm trying to figure out ways to easily construct a Stack in
other ways, a tree and property-based interface for example.

Perhaps we can write something like this for PythonCard if/when it makes
it to the PocketPC.

> So far, wxWindows for CE hasn't moved at all, and my email's are ignored.

Hasn't moved- has someone started work on it?

Thanks for compiling PPCPython for us! :)

Aaron