[PythonCE] Usefulness of Python CE and GUI ideas

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:43:53 -0400

On 11 Jul 2002 at 10:05, Doug Marien wrote:

> Brad, was there a reason you compiled zlib/_socket/select into the python
> dll instead of making them separate pyd's?  Was it for convenience or for
> performance?

I want to be able to bootstrap Python from a Pocket Access database. That is, store
compiled (and compressed) .pyc files in an Access Database, rather than as distinct
files.  This will save space. Also, a desktop application can be used to load modules..

So that's why zlib is there.

_socket is built-in because I felt that every app would use tcp/ip anyway, also, I want to
be able to debug apps using HAP, so having it in one .dll saves a little space.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements