[PythonCE] How to start a script?

gollem gollem@chatway.nl
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:49:46 -0700 (PDT)

Chet, tanks for the reply. I'm not sure if one of the
programs I have installed makes it impossible to access
the run command or if it's because it's Pocketpc 2000.

I have found a way to run scripts though.
If you install pockettweak you can associate filetypes
with applications. I have associated .py with python.

Python does not like paths like "My Documents\python",
I don't know if that's because of the length or the fact
that there is a space in it. I've created a root folder
\x (I'm too lazy to type long paths) and I put my scripts
there.
I use pocketnotepad to write the scripts. It stubbornly
saves all new files with the .txt extension but I fixed
that by just creating some empty files with the .py
extension on my desktop and copying them to \x
If I open one of these in notepad, edit it and save then
it keeps the .py extension and stays in \x (the editor
won't let me save new documents outside of my documents)

That's all, if I choose open for a .py file pocketpython
starts and the script is run.
I hope this is usefull for some people.