[PythonCE] new project

Phillip Ryals support@admiralexpress.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:28:47 -0600

Hi all,

I'm brand new here, and I've browsed the archives, but I'm so new to winCE
that some of the info is more confusing to me than anything.

My company is on the verge of buying Casio EG-800's for our delivery
drivers.  We'll be buying wireless CDPD backpacks along with them.  It's my
job to develop the software.

Now, I know python, wxWindows, and pyODBC really well, and if these little
things were laptops, I'm pretty confident that I could do everything in
python.  Because it's CE though, and wxWindows is apparently not ported
over, does anyone know if pythonce is even a feasible option?  I love for it
to be, because the development time would be shortened considerably.

In any event... here's what I'll eventually be doing...

The CE units will communicate wirelessly with the servers in-house and
upload data.  I'd really love it if I could write directly to the SQL
servers in-house.  The application on the units needs to allow input (by an
on-screen 10-key preferably) and also capture signatures.

If some of you genii would be so kind as to give me advice on what my
options are, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
-Phillip