[PythonCE] input And raw_input

Telion telionce@yahoo.com
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 22:11:33 -0700 (PDT)

Well, maybe the version of Python you are using
does not support input() or raw_input(), yet.

If you are willing to do many testing, I can provide
pcceshell.py that support these functions.

It may take a few days since I don't have iPaq,
and I'm not an expart who can get it right at first try.

With these things in mind, if you want to go ahead,
please send me the file, pcceshell.py that you are using.
It should be in 'Lib' directory.

I'll be able to tell more, when I see it.

For the problem number 2, you should find site.py.
If it's there search 'encoding'.
And change the line:
encoding = 'ascii'
encoding = 'mbcs'

If you don't find site.py, let me know what it saids
when you do:
>>> import sys
>>> sys.version
and
>>> sys.version_info
also
>>> sys.modules

goodey27@juno.com wrote:
(2002/10/02 20:47)
>I'm using an iPaq 3670 running pocketpc 2002
>it has a strong arm cpu
>python version 2.2
>I'm not sure from where I dowloaded put I think I followed a link from
>www.python.org
>I didn't set encoding in site.py I dont know anything about that
>
>Isr
>
>On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 10:26:35 -0700 (PDT) Telion <telionce@yahoo.com>
>writes:
>> goodey27@juno.com wrote:
>> (2002/10/02 12:56)
>> >
>> >I'm a Newbie to Python.
>> >1) I was trying to use the input function...
>> >
>> >x = int(raw_input("enter your age. "))
>> >
>> >and  this is how the display looks after pressing ENTER
>> >
>> >enter your age. Traceback (most recent call last):
>> >  File "\Program Files\Python\lib\pcceshell.py", line 457, in
>> Interact
>> >    exec codeOb in locals
>> >EOFError: EOF when reading a line
>> >

>> >2) Cant get this string to work on CE
>> >ordinal is not in range(128)
>> >I've tried using encoding don't remember exactly what but what I
>> tried
>> >didn't work.
>> >
>> >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> >Isr
>> >

>> Please tell us about following points:
>>
>> What kind of machine are you using?
>> Is it CE2.11 or CE3.0?
>> HPC or PPC,PsPC?
>> What is the CPU, ARM, MIPS, or SHx?
>> Which version of Python you are running, 1.52, 2.2, other?
>> Where did you downloaded from?
>>
>> Also, did you set 'encoding' in site.py?

=====
Telion
- telionce@yahoo.com -
http://pages.ccapcable.com