[PythonCE] Open File dialog example

Aaron J Reichow reic0024@d.umn.edu
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 22:47:06 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Telion wrote:

> I've followed the example of Jeff, and written a small class
> that enables easy interface with external C functions.
> (especially for win32apis that require struct)
>
> I made this because I wanted to use GetOpenFileName()
> included in win32gui.

Seeing the GUI stuff talked about on here, it makes me wonder- isn't there
an easier way to do this?  That is, Win32/CE GUIs?  Are there not already
libraries that sit ontop of the win32gui/win32api that provide something
more usable that writing Win32 API directly?  I've no experience with
Python on Windows (my J720 is my only Win-runnin machine), but surely,
there must be something?  does anygui wrap win32gui/api?  I realize we may
have to do some editing (how different is the WinCE subset from the
original Win32 API?), but there's got to be a better way.

Luckily, in the meantime, I have Dynapad (http://dynapad.swiki.net/1) for
more managable rapid app dev and scripting for when I'm on the road and in
the wilderness. :)

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "the question is no longer between violence and non-violence; It is
between non-violence and non-existence."  :: martin luther king junior