[PythonCE] GUI fun

Telion telionce@yahoo.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:42:20 -0700 (PDT)

--- Brian Brown <brian@ablelinktech.com> wrote:
> Greetings!
>     I've been playing with modifying ceshell.py to try out different GUI
> elements with the intention of building a wrapper for the win32gui lib
> as learn more about CE and the win32 gui api. I have successfully put a
> big button on the screen in place of the Edit box.. (my win32gui skills
> are VERY rudimentary at this point... :)) Woohoo... and I want the
> button press to exit the program. I can't seem to get this done. My
> OnButtonPress method is getting called and I have tried PostMessage,
> SendMessage, PostQuitMessage to the main window and my button window,
> but it ignores all that. Any ideas as to what I should tell to go
> bye-bye?
>

> Thanks!
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,

Maybe you will find the answer in pcceshell.py
Search pcceshell.py with, "Term"and "destroy".

If you are interested in learning, I think
Mark's work for Win9x/NT contains many thing we can use.
(pcceshell.py is made by Mark, I think)
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/

CVS Browsing
http://www.pythonpros.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/PyWin32/

There are many example for win32 api, or MFC in eVT.
eVT3.0 is available from MS virtually free of charge (just S & H)
The helpfile of eVT is really useful.

Also, we can learn from many examples available on the net,
(CodeGuru, etc)

=====
Telion
- telionce@yahoo.com -