[PythonCE] Minor update for PythonCE2.2+ HPC2000

Telion telionce@yahoo.com
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 11:14:26 -0700 (PDT)

I made a patched pydoc.py and and pdb.py
that will run better.

Previously, pydoc.py crashed PythonCE2.2+ HPC2000
when you do help('if') or other topic in string form.
It was due to possible bug in _sre module.

If you had similar problem in PPC version of PythonCE2.2+,
probably this will solve that, too.

Small change in pdb.py is for pdb.help().
 On PPC, lack of os.system would prevent you from using this function.
 On HPC, lack of ${PAGER-man} caused problem.
Now, if os.system fails, pdb.help() will simply print everything
on your interpreter console.

Other than that, I added commented entries for os.environ setting
in the site.py.
You need this for a few things.

example:

 If you downloaded and placed Python's Current documentation package
 somewhere other than sys.prefix\doc, you have to specify the path to
 os.environ['PYTHONDOCS'] for pydoc help().

pydoc's help() may take a few minutes to compile its component
for the first start up, but it is very helpful.

For more details and updated files, visit;

http://www.murkworks.com/Research/Python/PythonCE/PythonCEWiki/Update-02-10-12-HPC2000

Cabfile distribution are already updated with all of these changes.
If you are not sure your PythonCE2.2+HPC2000 is new one or not,
try this;

>>> import sys
>>> sys.cesite
'02/10/12 10:04 modified site.py: mbcs + os.getcwd, os.chdir, env emu'

If you get the same result, you have current distribution and you don't
have to do anything.

=====
Telion
- telionce@yahoo.com -