[PythonCE] Newbie error installing PythonCE22 on Jornada 720: "No module named ceshell"

Telion telionce@yahoo.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:30:27 -0700 (PDT)

Great!

I'm glad to hear that it worked.

I don't know why, but same thing
happened to other people using Jordana 720.
I guess some unzip program (especially old one?)
copies everything in Upper case.

Maybe another reason to consider using cab file.

Let me know of bugs if you find some.

Telion

PS. Try the new CmdPy22.exe if you like.
It's a minimal Python startup file.
And it works on default console.

Finding right setting for it
could be a little tricky though.
(sys.path, sys.prefix, sys.argv are not set)

--- rdev7@bigfoot.com wrote:
> Hi Telion
>
> Thanks a lot for the tips.  It turns out that the
> files were indeed being
> renamed to uppercase when I copied them across to
> the compact flash storage
> card using a PCMCIA card adaptor.  It's weird - I
> have no idea why that
> happens.  Anyway I then used Handyzip
> (www.cnetx.com) to unzip the archive
> on the Jornada itself (instead of unzipping the
> archive on the PC and
> copying it across), and that worked fine.  I now
> have Python up and
> running - thanks again!
>
> Roy.

=====