[PythonCE] Re: no select module

mailing at piwo.ws mailing at piwo.ws
Tue Dec 2 05:17:57 EST 2003

Hi :)

B>   Will select module from windows i386 python 2.2 work ?

Ups, sorry, i am wrong :) I guess it cannot be done so easy :)

I need select module within a script i must run on PPC 2003.
This module is used in two places:

-----------------
    rlist, wlist, elist = select.select([request], [], [], 0.1)
-----------------

and here in sockets:

-----------------
    soc = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM)
    soc.connect((HOSTNAME, PORT))
    soc.send(data)
    rlist, wlist, elist = select.select([soc], [], [], 15)
    if rlist:
        answer = soc.recv(9999)
        return answer
    soc.close()

Does anyone know, how can i get the same efect without using select
module. Sorry, but i am not python programmer :)

--
Best regards,