[PythonCE] Last Build of the quarter

Jeffrey Nix chronowarper at netscape.net
Thu Dec 11 16:49:44 EST 2003

I sent Guido my latest and greatest build (hopefully there will be more) and it now features _winreg builtin to the interpreter. It also comes with the threadframe extension, zlib, bz2, and of course the the standard win32* extensions. Also I sent him my builds for PyXML and PyCrypto, in Plug'n'Play format :-). There are three files PythonCE.zip, PyCrypto.zip, and PyXML.zip.

PythonCE.zip contatains the interpreter and the vast majority of the standard library (I got rid of anything that couldn't be used out of the box).

PyCrypto.zip contains PyCrypto, just unzip it and throw the resulting folder in the site folder of Python's lib folder

PyXML.zip contains PyXML, just unzip it and throw the resulting folder in the site folder of Python's lib folder

Also the PythonCE.zip file contains _tkinter but you'll need to find a TclTk port to Windows CE on your own and you'll need to pull the lib-tk folder out of the desktop version of Python and put it in your lib folder on your PocketPC.

As for where you can get these don't ask me, bother Guido he's the one that offered free web hosting to anyone who wanted to share files and he's the one I sent these files to.