AW: [PythonCE] Shelve -- has anyone used it successfully?

Anne Wangnick anne.wangnick at t-online.de
Wed Dec 8 19:42:52 CET 2004

I'm using dumbdbm, which comes in the Python CE distribution. It generates
.dat, .dir & .bak files. However, I'm not using it as a shelve, but rather
as a database. Actually, I'm generating the database on XP and then using it
on CE.

I believe that as dumbdbm is the only database module available on CE,
shelve.open will always fall back on it on CE.

Can you try to use shelve.Shelf(dumbdbm.open(filename,'c')) on XP to create
the shelve and on CE to retrieve it?

Regards,
Sebastian Wangnick