[PythonCE] New release (2.3.4)

David L. Kashtan kashtan at Validus.Com
Tue Jul 13 03:04:21 CEST 2004

1) Is now fixed.  If you have a command line option /new then it won't
   resume an already running Python -- it will give you a new one.
   You will need to make a shortcut to Python.exe that you then edit
   to add a space character and /new to the end of the shortcut text.
   Put that back on the Pocket PC and clicking the shortcut will get you
   a new Python each time.

2) Is now fixed.  The UNIX runtime _sys_nerr and _sys_errlist don't
   exist on the Pocket PC.  I've implemented enough of them to deal
   with the errors that can come back from the Windows/CE compatibility
   functions.  Also fixed a bug in the Windows support code that didn't
   convert formatted errors from Unicode to Ascii.  Now windows errors
   will also get correct error strings.

3) Still looking into this.

David Kashtan
Validus Medical Systems

-----Original Message-----
From: pythonce-bounces+kashtan=validus.com at python.org
[mailto:pythonce-bounces+kashtan=validus.com at python.org]On Behalf Of Isr
Gish
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 7:43 PM
To: pythonce at python.org
Subject: [PythonCE] New release (2.3.4)

First I want to thank David for putting out this release. I'm happy to see that there are still people who are interested to make
Python work on the Pocket PC.

Know there are a few things that I would like to mention.

1) Is there a way to have more then one instance of python running? In the previous release Richard Deeley had hacked the pcceshell
so that you could run multiple instances. but know I don't even see the pcceshell.

2) There seems to be a problem in the error reports of the traceback for I/O (files) and Windows (when using the _winreg module)
errors. For example if I try to open a file for reading that doesn't exist I get this error:
IOError: [Errno 7] T: <file path>
The "T" is not very informative.
Similar  thing is with the WindowsError.

3) Is there a way to add thing for when python starts up. For example I would like to add the folder of my scripts to the path, and
the path of the docs to os.environ['PYTHONDOCS'].